Monday, July 11, 2011

Insurance News and More

So Mike met with the insurance adjuster and the fire inspector and the fire was started by lightening.  The adjuster was a small claims adjuster and he only works on claims up to $100,000 and we are past that so he had to call in a large claims adjuster, who will be meeting with Mike tomorrow at 9 am along with a general contractor.  So as of this moment, we still do not know what they are doing with the house yet but at least we have a cause of the fire.  There is comfort in knowing what actually caused it and there is even more comfort knowing that it was a lightening strike rather than an electrical fire.  We are waiting for a call from a relocator and they will find us a house to live in while the house is being fixed.  As long as it is still in Bennett so Paige can go to school there still and we are able to have all of the pets with us, its works well for me.

We picked up Sisco today and took her to the vet where Merlin and Salem are.  She was a bit timid.  I dont think that she expected us to come back for her but eventually she began to get more comfortable and give us a whole lotta love.  She wasn't too happy being left somewhere again but I think as long as I visit her every day she will be ok.  She does have a llittle bit of a cough but its not bad at all.

Salem is doing well.  He has finally started to drink water and eat but he is not eating as much as he should.  He's in a place that he doesn't know and he doesn't feel good so it's normal to a degree.  He was enjoying all of the attention that he was getting too.  I heard him purring a little although it wasn't as loud as it should be, but that's ok.  I took him a couple of fuzzy mice so hopefully he will feel good enough to play with them soon.

Merlin seems to be doing really well, too.  The tech said he was quiet today and he was when I saw him but his eyes are open most of the time.  He did close his left eye for a moment and the tech said that he shouldn't need the eye drops anymore so we skipped them today.  We will see if he needs them tomorrow.  He gave me some kisses and I brought him a couple of toys as well.  I didn't want to give him toys until he had a couple of days to adjust to his new surroundings.  African greys are quite skittish so a little at a time is best.  I hope when I see him tomorrow that he has been playing with them.

Indy is doing well but he still isn't eating much.  Thankfully he is drinking and I bought some canned food to try to entice him to eat.  Today was the first day that we left him alone in the motel room and when we got back he was very happy to see me.  He had more energy than I have seen him have since the fire.  He also got up and walked around awhile which he hasn't been doing much so he is starting to feel better.

Looks like the babies are headed int he right direction, finally.  Mommy is pretty happy today.  =O)

2 comments:

  1. I'm so happy they're doing well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm very happy all the animals are doing better and that everything is coming together love u and my prays are with u guys

    ReplyDelete